Thursday, March 13, 2008

29, the age of a lifetime

What is so special about the age of 29? Why do women everywhere want to be thought of as being that age? If I could choose an age to be, I would pick 7. Yeah, I couldn't drive or buy a lottery ticket, but I wouldn't have to fend for myself , worry about rent or utilities, or avoid awkward situations where all 0ther people my age are married with kids and I have to go out to eat by myself to celebrate my birthday. But, tomorrow I turn 29, the age I will stay forever.

4 comments:

Mere said...

You are not alone--I am eating out with you in spirit. I'm thinking Borders Cafe?

I hope your birthday is wonderful.

Jo said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging Kate! I hope you had a fabulous birthday!!!!

missy. said...

happy birthday kate! i found your blog off goodreads. i'm sorry i didn't know it was your birthday; i would have brought you a cupcake or something! :) hope your day was happy...

Nancy said...

i'm 30 in a bit and i still think i'm 23. hope you had a happy bday.